Saturday, September 27, 2008

electronica escapades & Deadmau5

So the Deadmau5 show was last night.  It was good, what I saw of it...   I really liked the openers that I saw, Luca Bacchetti (really good, but a little dark.  this guy had some great mixing) & Santiago & Bushido (a little too clubby for me, but had some deeper stuff later on in their set).  I dunno last night, like most other nights I go out, I was just jonzing for something deeper.  You know me, I like the music that is so deep it penetrates you... the stuff that teaches me how to dance. While I was outside Neumos, taking a break from the crowd, the heat, and the progressive house, I met a girl who told me about the place across the street.

It's officially called Sole Repair, a little venue just across from Neumos holding another Decibel Festival event.  Lucky me!!!  I actually got to see five different DJs in one night!  Deadmau5 was really good, but there's something about those big, big (and it wasn't even that big, it's just Neumos) shows.  I just can't get into that.  It all seems so pre-produced, so... perfect.  I don't know if it is the size of the show or the type of music that pulls a crowd like that around here, but I just don't feel much from the DJ.

Over at Sole Repair, Derek Plaslaiko (I think I saw Jerry Abstract, too) was spinning when I popped in, but after that, things get a little fuzzy.  But I know I liked it.

Not too bad for a Friday night!  Especially going it alone.   I am starting to like going to shows by myself...  I feel it helps me focus more on the music, and I learn more.  I used to hate going by myself, and sometimes still do, but I am learning to overcome personal issues so I can study and grow.  I also ran into some cool people from the past, those people who are always good to see, that's awesome about going out on the real weekends!



gurlgurlgurl, how's that for a blog??  I'm still getting used to this thing!  Anyways, off to work tonight, I'm bartending!  Sometimes it feels like a promotion, even though it is mostly circumstantial, I'LL TAKE IT!  I don't think I want to talk about work in this post though, it deserves a post of it's own!

1 comment:

Tristan Oliver said...

i like how you described music as something that "penetrates" you, i agree, and it made me pucker just a little. gir! gir! gir! gir! gir! i love that your posting more on here! lets hangout tmrw! love you gurl!