Friday, February 6, 2009

Cornify

I wasn't having a very good day today, chalk it up to clients that don't have a single clue of what they are doing. Two things salvaged my otherwise shitty day:

1. Layer Tennis had it's opening day today. I remember back in the day (circa 2003) I was all about Photoshop Tennis, playing against other designers across the world. We all met up in a graphic design forum that I used to frequent quite regularly. The idea is one person makes a composition, saves it, and sends the file to his opponent. The opponent then can use anything in the file, or add to it, to create a 'volley' and it goes back and forth.

2. Cornify (just click it, and understand my joy)

A few side notes, not necessarily worthy of separate posts: it is official that I am moving to Colorado at the end of the month... I am very excited to be moving, even though I do love Seattle. Between a gut instinct I have, and a tarot reading, I think this big change is going to be exactly what I need to get started on my career. The cherry on top is that Booka Shade is going to be performing in Denver in March. For those that don't know, Booka Shade is my all time favorite electronica group, and I've been patiently waiting to see them live for quite some time! Can't wait! They are performing at the Beta Lounge which, I believe is owned and operated by the same people as Beatport. Looking at their lineup, they pull pretty significant headliners every Thursday, Friday & Saturday, and I've also heard that the sound quality of their system is top notch. I have a feeling I am going to be spending a lot of time there.

Also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!
[you need to post on your blog more!!!!!! ;)]

No comments: